Salutations and Introductions





OK... So a little bit about me. On the surface I'm 40. I'm little, 5 ft. tall to be exact.  I'm also mighty. I want to be a superhero, and some days I can even convince myself I am. It's not uncommon to see me ninja kick the air and yell out my superhero cry, "KABLAMO!!!".  I carry the energy of a fiery hobbit. And true, I may have the grace of a drunken gymnast, but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel good to bust out a poorly executed martial arts move now and then.  I'm kind of like a mash up between a middle-aged Wonder Woman and Ab-Fab: 1 part powerful, 1 part hot mess, 1 part old enough not to give a shit about criticism anymore.

  So why am I here and what do I have to say?

  I believe that by encouraging others and spreading acts of kindness the world can be a better place. It's hokey as shit, I know, but I believe it in my soul. I try to be a champion women and try and fight for the less advantaged everyday. My days are filled with simple actions and experiences that carry a lot of weight for me and will most likely be documented throughout these posts. Some days my karmic evolution puts me in harmony with the universe and other days the universe gets a good laugh at my expense... in either case I usually find something gained and that wisdom that can, at times be helpful to share.

  My intended audience for this blog is mostly female but I encourage men to read as well. When contemplating the tone on my posts, I envisioned being in a conversation with the amazing women in my life. My posts will most likely be sharing my soul to the amazing mentors, girlfriends, relatives and younger women I'm lucky to be surrounded by in my life.  For this reason, I'm going to start each blog post with "Hello Ladies," a greeting I have found sets a tone of empowerment. At times I expect some of these posts may be revelations I have that I think may help others. Other posts may be more focused on professional events or experiences. And from time to time I'll be making observations about politics and socio-political issues (which is hard for me not to do in our current climate).  I will try to refrain from rants or diatribes... but you should also know, in full disclosure, I have strong intentions but my follow through is usually weak.

  The one constant I can guarantee with these posts is they will always be a reflection of my views and opinions and are in no way meant to be a self-righteous vindication of my lifestyle. I try to conduct myself with a level of humility that will hopefully come through in my future posts (worse case, my inevitable shitty grammar and spelling will aid in maintaining my humility).
 Overall this blog is meant to be one woman's experiences that some will hopefully find helpful and entertaining.


Comments

Popular Posts